Abundance actually means more of, but we often think of it as prosperity, which itself is defined as a successful, flourishing, or thriving condition. When abundance in all things is the focus of your manifestation practice, adding scent to your ritual will anchor your intention in new and beautiful ways.
Set the Intention
Start with defining the more general areas of your life to attract abundance to and then add detail. Think of this as a radio station and you are looking for your favorite type of music, then your favorite band and then your favorite song as you turn the dial (I know this is so analog!). Visualize your Abundance focus areas such as love, money, health. Hear them in your mind as a voice or write them down on paper. I find it is important to leave words like wanting, or needing out of your language, instead using words like creation, possibility or desire. The vibration created by your conscious and empowered word choices will attract source energy in an equal vibration. This matching of vibration is like turning that radio dial and getting tuned in instead of hearing static.
Anchor your Desire Through Breath
Creating a ritual around your manifesting of Abundance is a wonderful way to sing your most beautiful inner song, a ballad of your heart, body and mind aligned to bring in what’s most desired. There are many ways to anchor your practice from meditation to crystal healing, to prayer, gratitude, journaling and stating affirmations. Scent is a powerful addition to your Abundance ritual because there is a powerful connection between olfaction and the limbic center of your brain which regulates your physiology including mood, memory and emotion. When breathing in essential oils, incense, smudge sticks or flowers and herbs you can literally transform how you feel in the moment, positively shifting the way you relate to yourself, your personal and professional relations and ultimately the world around you. The memory of your ritual can be re-animated when you smell that scent again. Think of this as muscle memory through your nose!
Practice Makes Perfect
- Pick a quiet space, and a time with few distractions. Depending on your preferred practice devote at least 30 minutes to your Abundance Ritual.
- Prepare all the items you will need: journal & pen, crystals, scent, timer, music, etc
- Turn off your phone! If possible, leave it in another room, unless you are using it, in which case definitely choose vibrate.
- Sit in a comfortable position surrounded by the objects you will use.
- Introduce your scent. I use several pre-blended essential oils, typically a room spray to surround me and cleanse the room and a roll-on oil blend with sacred essential oils like frankincense and myrrh and lavender which I roll on my third eye and my pulse points and palms. I rub my palms together and put them over my nose and breathe in deeply three times anchoring the scent with my breath.
- Follow your flow and use intuition to guide you or choose a script ahead of time and begin. Here is what I say: “I am in the flow of abundance and prosperity (this is the “radio channel”). All aspects of my life from love to wealth flow with ease and grace (this is “my band”). As I experience being able to support my dreams and desires with money, support, love and healing I open myself to the possibility I am for my highest self (this is “my song”). I breathe in all the universe has to gift me. I breathe out all that will be left behind to create the space for the most benevolent outcome.”
- Now forget the words and focus on the feeling of your intention. Go back to a place where you felt your heart open, your wallet full, a moment of pure excitement and self-gratification and let your senses overcome and flood you. Remember this feeling as you breathe in the aromas surrounding you. Consciously connect the smell with the senses.
Sticking with our radio analogy this is where you remember the song playing in the background of your first kiss, or the soundtrack of the summer where you and your best friend traveled around the world together, the song on the stereo of your car when you drove home after getting that big promotion. You will know you have made this connection when you are lost in the memory and overcome with emotion.
- Now let it all go. Send it out and leave it behind, knowing that, soon enough, you will, through some synchronicity of your own creation, become clear that your intention for abundance was received and that the Universe is winking at you.
- Choose to reinforce your intention for abundance daily. I do a simpler version of this before I shut my eyes at night or before I jump out of bed. I also use the same spray and roll on throughout my day. When I take that deep breath, it is often the best breath of my day, and not only my conscious desire for abundance is activated but my subconscious one is too! This is like getting to hear your favorite album.
Throughout the years I have come to understand that as goddesses, divine and inspired women, creators and manifestor’s extraordinaire we must be reminded to honor ourselves not just ask for more. The Ritual of Adoration is the last step to creating the life you want and the manifesto below can be tailored to you.
Laura is the CEO and co-founder of Adoratherapy. A passionate seeker, her journey to create a life filled with self-love as the foundation for personal transformation is at the heart of the brand and its Mood Boost, Chakra Boost and Room Boost collections.
Abundance Room Boost, intense and exotic, Abundance is magnetic & captivating with top notes of cinnamon, clove, and patchouli.