People We Adore: Red from Meddle Moth Shop
We all have people we meet along the way, connect with and know we adore. As we share what we are up to we create a vibration and lock into areas of compatibility.
I met Red in the shop. She came in to browse and loved the vibe of what we were doing. She asked me if we did candles. I said not yet! From there a creative partnership developed. Initially we sold Red's beautiful Meddle Moth signature candles. As we explored how to bring Red into the fold, she was open to being our Candle Maker. We have since launched 3 different candle series.
Red represents the crown energy. She is calm, cool and exudes the divine energy of I AM. Her creativity manifests as a giving of her gifts and an exploration of spirituality and culture.
Tell us about you?
- My name is Red and I am the owner of a one woman business, Meddle Moth Shop. I started making candles at the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic because I felt that I could produce a product that would bring joy and brightness in such challenging times. Since then, I have perfected my craft of producing high-quality, soy wax candles with a unique and striking aesthetic. Find my work on my Instagram, @meddlemothshop, and in shops around Asheville, NC.
How did you meet us?
- I was immediately impressed with Adoratherapy upon first stumbling in. Laura and I struck up a conversation and quickly found that we were both women in business with similar standards and goals. Working together simply came naturally!
What’s your super power?
- My super power is the ability to make it work even under unexpected circumstances. Starting a business is hard when you have very little funding. You really have to get creative, and that’s something I’m good at.
How do you destress?
- This is predictable, but I destress by lighting a good candle! There’s nothing better than the nice, warm flicker of a wick burning. Especially when you get to enjoy a nice fragrance filling your home.
How do you create daily rituals for healing and self care?
- Over the last few years I have learned that self care is absolutely mandatory. I have many daily rituals that I infuse with intentional self care. Even a simple cup of coffee in the morning can become a powerful act of self love with the right state of mind.
How did you learn to love yourself?
- I feel that I am still learning to love myself. Making commitments of self love every day is something that I feel really builds self esteem. You just have to realize that your mental health has to come before everything else; you can’t have anything until you have yourself.
Are you working on a chakra?
- I’m not currently working on a chakra...I’m probably working on all of them all at once while I’m making the CHAKRA candle line!
Which Adoratherapy products have you tried? How do you use them?
- My favorite Adoratherapy product is the pocket sized abundance room boost. I use it as a room refresher to add a little brightness to my day!
If you were a color what color would you be and why?
- I feel obligated to say red! Though I do think red fits me, regardless of the name. I like the versatility of the color. It can be light and soft (pink) or dark and complex. I like to think that I can be both sides of the spectrum like that too: fun and light but also genuine and deeper.
Do you have a pet?
- I don’t have any pets, but my mom back in Greensboro, NC has the two sweetest cats in the world. I always love to see them when I come back home to visit.
What’s your favorite place to chill out?
- There’s a little balcony at my apartment and I’m out there all the time. I absolutely love to watch the birds, and I see turkeys from up there a lot. There’s nothing better than relaxing in the fresh air after a long day!
Do you have any rituals to share?
- I don’t think I have any special rituals that I do. I really treat everything like a ritual, whether it be a meal, reading, taking a walk, or burning a nice candle. I think mindfulness can turn anything into a ritual.
Do you have a favorite crystal?
- I have so many favorite crystals! To pick one I would have to say labradorite. It is so versatile and beautiful. I am a big fan of feldspars; I probably wear equal amounts of labradorite and moonstone. Though I’ve been in the market for some bumblebee jasper lately.
When did you know you were Divine?
- Seeing the natural strength of women in my life has really made me feel Divine as a woman. ALL women and all types of women are capable and powerful creatures. Your divinity comes from your confidence in yourself and your purpose.
How do you want to be remembered?
- I want to be a good person in everything I do, so I want to be remembered as a good person. I just want to add more joy and love to the world and the people around me.
We adore you Red!